HOME | STARTUPS | INVESTORS | EDUCATION | ABOUT US
Southern Angels aims to create a welcoming, professional, and inclusive environment for its Members to meet with companies seeking investment. We commit ourselves to the highest ethical and professional standards. All our Members agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct.
- shall act with honour, integrity, dignity, diligence and in good faith in order to merit the trust of their peers and of the community.
- shall act with honesty, equity and without discrimination or harassment towards all individuals in the community.
- have an obligation to be ethical in judgement and actions.
- shall promptly and properly disclose and manage any conflict of interests that may arise.
- shall not engage in conduct likely to bring discredit upon their Angel investments, their peers, or the Southern Angels.
- shall not take improper advantage of their position as an actual or prospective investor, or advisor.
- shall not make improper use of information acquired as an actual or prospective investor, or advisor.
- will respect and be cognisant of the confidentiality and copyright of all documents and materials provided by the Group and by suppliers, partners and other Angel organisations that deliver to members information, materials, education and advice via the Group.
- acknowledge that confidential information received by members in the course of considering, making, or advising on an Angel investment remains the property of the person or company from which it was obtained and it is improper for the members to disclose, or allow to be disclosed that confidential information, unless that disclosure has been authorised by that company or person from whom the information is provided, or is required by law.
- shall, where relevant, take reasonable steps to inform themselves, their peers, their portfolio companies and their advisors, of the social, environmental, economic and other possible consequences which may arise from their actions.
- have an obligation, at all times, to comply with the spirit, as well as the letter, of the law and with the principles of this Code. Members shall not assist in or induce a breach of this Code and shall support those who seek to uphold the Code if called upon, or in a position to do so.
- shall not use Southern Angels to tout their own commercial services to other Members or companies that present to the group.
Southern Angels takes its obligation to provide an environment free of sexual harassment and discrimination seriously. Further details are available in the Southern Angels Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Rules, which are based on the Model Code of Conduct for the Australian Startup Community.
Guests and observers at Southern Angels Pitch Meetings agree to abide by the above Code of Conduct and disclose any conflicts of interest. We do not allow spruiking to the startups or to members.
If guests are interested in investing in one of the startups they’re introduced to by Southern Angels, we invite them to sign an Investor Agreement so they can confirm their Sophisticated Investor status, and benefit from due diligence with our members.